As part of OREA’s Emerge Technology conference, award winning REALTOR and blogger Jeff O’Leary spoke about Lead Generation: Leverage your Neighbourhood. Here’s a brief summary on his chat – but to hear the rest, see Jeff speak at Emerge!
Everyone has the same website, branding, brokerage, etc. Be unique and have an opinion so you can attract like-minded clients. Also it’s important to know how websites, social media and advertising work: it’s your business to understand this!
Track Success in Neighbourhoods
Focus on a neighbourhood. As proven by Jeff’s success with his popular blog The Village Guru, getting involved in a neighbourhood of your choice and knowing the local issues can get interest in the community.
Types of Leads
Jeff discusses the techniques for addressing different types of clients:
1. Low hanging fruit (ready now)
2. High hanging fruit (don’t bug me…yet)
Lead Capturing Systems
1. Website & Blog (general engagement content, no marketing)
2. Lead capturing website
– Know your target audience: find out how to better target clients here.
– Plan & execute: schedule your content, make sure you’re posting regularly so you are a constant resource for the public.
– Avoid canned content: have an opinion and a unique voice, don’t just say the same thing all the other agents and publication are saying.
– Make connections with video: seeing and hearing you through video lets your viewers create a more personal connection with you and your content.