DealTap is founded on the principle of helping agents close deals. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the DealTap website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Who We Are
You may refuse or withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note that refusal or withdrawal of consent may prevent DealTap from providing you with our products or services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our website, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or subscribe to and use our services. For the purposes of this Policy “Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual. The type of personal information collected when subscribing or registering on our website, as appropriate, may include, but is not limited to: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and information about a real estate transaction in which you are involved. Contact information of other people may also be collected from or submitted by you during the transaction process or for other communication purposes. You may, however, visit our site anonymously by enabling the ‘private browsing’ feature in your internet browser. Please note that when you visit our site anonymously you may not be able to access certain features on the site or use the DealTap services.
How We Collect Information
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website, products and services (we continually strive to improve our website, product and service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To communicate, process or complete a transaction on DealTap with other parties involved. Your information will not be shared, sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other party without your consent, other than for the purpose of providing the DealTap services, as required or permitted by law, or in accordance with this Policy this;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To process payment for the subscription and use of our products and services. We collect and use personal and financial information to process payment for your subscription to the DealTap services;
- In response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. We may share certain personal information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and DealTap. This may include, without limitation, the sharing of certain personal information with the Ontario Real Estate Association in the event of any material breach of our Terms of Service governing the access and use of the DealTap platform and services which can be viewed athttp://dealtap.ca/terms
- To send periodic emails to the email address you provide for order processing, blog subscriptions, and information and updates pertaining to your account, company news, events, and new products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- We also use the information you provide about third parties for communications required during the transaction process. If you provide personal information about your client(s)/collaborator(s) to DealTap for the purpose of completing a transaction, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to do so. Such information may be shared with other third parties for the purposes of completing a transaction.
- Personal information may only be disclosed to third parties for the fulfillment of any purposes identified above, as required or authorized by law, or with your consent. Where personal information is disclosed to a third party for the fulfillment of any purposes identified herein, DealTap will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the third party has appropriate security procedures in place for the protection of the personal information transferred to it.
- Personal information is retained only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information on our website and via the DealTap services.
We offer the use of a secure server. All personal, financial and credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessed by authorized parties with special access rights to such systems, whom are also required to keep such information confidential. After the completion of a payment transaction, your personal and financial information will not be retained for more than 60 days.
We also ensure our users of the DealTap platform and services are protected with the highest standards of security through the implementation of various security protocols. Please refer to our Compliance and E-sign Overview for a detailed description of such security protocols at http://dealtap.ca/security
You should note that, although we make every effort to protect your personal information through the implementation of established security measures and safeguards, the internet is not a 100% secure environment. There is no absolute guarantee that information you provide or that we maintain may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. While the information collected cannot be used to identify you, a cookie provides important aggregate data for our marketing department.
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers and advertising companies, to employ third-party cookies to collect anonymous information about you. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information may allow them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
During your visits to other websites, we (or other third parties) may use certain anonymous, non-personal information collected on our site to show you advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. This is called Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) via the Google Network. For example, many companies have special offers and promotions that are targeted to new or prospective real estate buyers, including special mortgage rate offers, insurance, moving companies etc.
None of the OBA techniques we use will collect personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
How to Opt-Out of OBA and Disable Cookies
Most browsers have cookies enabled by default, but you can usually modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign-in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
The option to change cookies settings is typically found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings you can use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details or the following links may also be helpful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955)
- Cookie settings in Firefox (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies)
- Cookie settings in Chrome (http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647)
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042) and (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)
Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, portions of our website and some of our services may not be accessible or function properly. However, you can still place orders and subscribe for DealTap services over the telephone or by contacting customer service via the contact information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not share, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to your personal information to outside third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, provided these parties agree to protect and keep your personal information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Accuracy of Information
DealTap will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information is as accurate, complete, and current as required for the purposes for which it was collected. In some cases, DealTap relies on individuals to ensure that certain information about them, such as their address and contact information, is current, complete, and accurate.
Changes to this Policy
By providing information to DealTap, you are consenting to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy or our Terms of Service, please do not use our website, subscribe to our services, or provide your information to us. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on our webite or platform prior to the change becoming effective. Please check this page periodically for changes to this Policy. Your continued use of our website and/or services following the posting of any changes to this Policy will evidence your acceptance and agreement to such changes. The date of the most recent update will be located at the bottom of this Policy.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website may contain “links” to other third party websites. We cannot be responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites before disclosing any personal information to or through them.
How to Contact Us
Should you wish to access or update your personal information, or have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us via our website, by email, telephone or mailing address as follows:
Copyright 2017 © DealTap Inc